A Journey Through the Peace Corps (Hopefully)

At the moment, I am working as a TEFL Peace Corps volunteer in a small village in Agdash, Azerbaijan.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Coming Home (Unwillingly)

Well this just goes to show you how quickly life can change.  Little more than a week ago, I was looking forward to starting school, and had planned out all my lessons for several weeks, intending to end up with a Halloween party at the end of October.  Then, something happened.  I'm not going to air exactly what happened except to say it had little to do with me, and all the trouble was/is mental because of what I witnessed.  Anyway, DC (Washington) called me, talked with me, assessed me, and ultimately made the decision to send me back to the States for medical purposes.
   
 Needless to say, I didn't want to go.  I was just getting back into the swing of things, and now I had to go pack up and throw everything I was doing into chaos.  But, when DC says you're getting Med-evaced, that's the last word in the conversation, it's happening.  I was given a few days to pack and get everything settled, but let me tell you, 3 days is nowhere near enough time!  I was running around like a madwoman trying to pack up everything that I owned, get most of it to my sitemate to hold onto, and the rest into town so I could grab a taxi into Baku...and don't get me started on how shamefully people treated me when they thought I was a tourist!  (THEY TRIED TO CHARGE ME 20M FOR A 20 MINUTE TRIP!! ARRGGG!!!)  It should've been only 1 or 2 manat, but everyone tried to overcharge me for everything!!  Well, anyway...
   
I am coming home, hopefully for 30 days or less (Inshallah).  While I am very sad to be leaving, I know it will likely only be for a short while, and I will be able to see my family and friends in Missoula for a while, and my puppy will be able to go to America as well!  So that's my silver lining that's keeping me sane.  I will do my best to catch up my posts (I have 5 nearly finished posts I have to complete) and keep people updated on what the hell is going on.  So until then, so long! And thanks for all the fish!


No comments:

Post a Comment