So,
My host mother's brother was coming back from Russia after 20 years, and during that time, their father had died. So they threw a (very belated) mourning for the father so his son could attend. This is a view from the women's room, with food laid out on a runner across the floor, and pillows for people to sit on.
Part of my 1st form class, waving to America. :)
My host fam knows I like to take pictures, so they usually take me with when they think I might find something interesting. In this case, it was collecting firewood. I helped out, and my little host brother took pictures.
A traditional meal that I often get when I go 'guesting' at someones house. I can never finish all the food they give me.
My host mom and I making dolma, (rice and meat wrapped in grape leaves) and looking at my host brother skeptically as he tries to take a picture.
Part of The Family over at the house. The Grandmother really likes me, and you can see her telling me to stop taking pictures and come sit down beside her, heh. :)
My Consolidation Cluster, otherwise known as the people I will have to be with if Peace Corps has to evacuate the country. We had a practice drill that was necessary but very inconvenient. Though I did get some nice photos.
So yeah, that's what I got. I'll put up more useful info next time, but this should tide (the 2 or so of you who read this) over until next time. See ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment