AHHHHHHH!!!! (I should mention that Orcas terrify me.)
The exhibit was at the Seattle Science Center (And is ongoing until January 2013 I think) We had to buy tickets to go in at a specific time, and the line was enormous, But really, none of that mattered. Because an archaeologist in the King Tut exhibit is worse than a kid in a candy store. "Who cares where the rest of the family is! Look at that!!"
Ooooh, and that!
AND THAT!
It. Was. Awesome.
There was one thing though that bothered me. I am very big on being respectful to other cultures, even if those cultures don't exist anymore. So when I am looking at the coffin of Tutankhamen's stillborn baby daughters, and I hear people say, 1. "They were pretty stupid to make all this stuff for after they died." 2. "She looks like she would have been a good lay." or 3. "You see, they thought animals were gods, that's why God destroyed them." It makes me want to hit them! Really, people? You pay to come and see one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of all time, from one of the greatest cultures of all time, and those are your comments?! Gah!! Just...just GAH!! When I heard idiotic comments like that, I would grab my audio guide, hit play, and listen to Harrison Ford instead. (Oh Harrison Ford, what would I do without you?) But I can now gleefully say that I saw the King Tut artifacts! (And I even resisted the gift shop as well.)

No comments:
Post a Comment