The Teleferico is a cable car that will take you from the valley (at roughly 10,000 feet) to the top of the mountain range that cradles Quito (13,400 feet). From there, you can view the city, take horse rides, or trek up a volcano. I happened to run into these folks as they were talking about things to do in Quito. They had just arrived from (Tennesse? or Texas?) and had decided to get the Teleferico out of the way (poor brave fools) ((don't do this, the altitude will kick your butt)). After talking about things to do and places to shop in Quito and beyond, we parted ways. The next day I had school, and as soon as it was finished, I went to Centro Historico to do some work at the Public Library. Who should I run into in the Library building, but that same American family. Seriously, nearly 2 million people living in an M. C. Escher painting, and I keep running into the same people. I decided that it was too much of a coincidince and I needed a picture (see above). Maybe it's just me, but I run into people in the strangest places, in other cities, in other states, even in other countries. It's like I have a homing beacon on people I have met, and then I will find them. They could be trekking through the middle of the Amazon rainforest, miles from human settlement,cutting through brush with machetes to make a path, and I would run into them. Considering how often the odds tilt in my favor, I should try Vegas one of these days.
A Journey Through the Peace Corps (Hopefully)
At the moment, I am working as a TEFL Peace Corps volunteer in a small village in Agdash, Azerbaijan.
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
What Are The Chances? (Pretty Good Apparently)
The Teleferico is a cable car that will take you from the valley (at roughly 10,000 feet) to the top of the mountain range that cradles Quito (13,400 feet). From there, you can view the city, take horse rides, or trek up a volcano. I happened to run into these folks as they were talking about things to do in Quito. They had just arrived from (Tennesse? or Texas?) and had decided to get the Teleferico out of the way (poor brave fools) ((don't do this, the altitude will kick your butt)). After talking about things to do and places to shop in Quito and beyond, we parted ways. The next day I had school, and as soon as it was finished, I went to Centro Historico to do some work at the Public Library. Who should I run into in the Library building, but that same American family. Seriously, nearly 2 million people living in an M. C. Escher painting, and I keep running into the same people. I decided that it was too much of a coincidince and I needed a picture (see above). Maybe it's just me, but I run into people in the strangest places, in other cities, in other states, even in other countries. It's like I have a homing beacon on people I have met, and then I will find them. They could be trekking through the middle of the Amazon rainforest, miles from human settlement,cutting through brush with machetes to make a path, and I would run into them. Considering how often the odds tilt in my favor, I should try Vegas one of these days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment